Thank you for participating in this year's North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day. Some of our speakers have given permission to share their slide deck with our conference participants. Please click the links below to download a copy of each speaker's slide deck.
Please note that photography, audio recordings, or video recordings may be used at this event. By registering, you are providing your consent to be photographed or recorded, and consenting to the use of that photograph or recording for promotional purposes by North East Specialized Geriatric Centre or its host, Health Sciences North. Registration substitutions are preferred over refunds and will be accepted at any time. Full refunds for cancelled registrations will be provided before September 30, 2018. After September 30, 2018 only partial refunds totaling 50% of the registration fee will be issued.
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of hte College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified byt eh Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at hte Northern Ontario School of Medicine for up to 6.00 Mainpro+ credit(s).
Our conference program includes the following speakers:
- Dr. David Conn: Substance Use Disorders Among Older Adults
- Dr. Cindy Grief: Grief in Older Adults
- Dr. Katriina Hopper: Advance Care Planning
- Dr. Joanne Ho: Geriatric Clinical Pharmacology: Optimizing Medical Complexity and Drug Safety
- Dr. Lyne Giroux: Dermatology in Older Adults
- Dale Hall: The Caregiver Experience
Please click here to view the 2018 North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day poster.
Please click here to view the 2018 North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day program which includes speaker highlights, the conference agenda and this year's sponsors, vendors and community partners.
Goals of this conference: At the end of this conference, learners will be able to:
- Utilize evidence-based best practices for geriatric populations in Northeastern Ontario
- Utilize new skills and abilities to optimize care of frail, medically complex, older adults in Northeastern Ontario
- Collaborate with regional partners and community resources.
The 2018 North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day Program 'At A Glance' will be avaialble for viewing soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a custom map we have put together. Toggle the fly-out button beside the title to view or hide the list of places we have included.
- A reduced registration rate is available for students. Please contact us for details.
- A discounted room rate is available at the Lexington Hotel, which is adjacent to Steelworkers Hall. Please reserve your room by contacting the Lexington Hotel at 705-675-5602 x 277. Refer to 'Geriatric Refresher Day' when making your reservation to access a discounted room rate. Click here to view other hotels in Sudbury, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have a question or need a recommendation.
- Use of your electronic ticket is preferred over a hard copy (requires compatible mobile device). An electronic ticket will be available to you once your registration is complete.
- This is a paperless conference. Printed conference packages, including programs, schedules, and speaker notes, will not be provided. Attendees will be responsible for printing the materials they wish to bring to the conference.
- Dietary restrictions and other accommodations will be collected when completing your registration.
- Conference sessions are provided in English only.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Driving: Get directions from Google Maps. Parking is available on site.
- Flying: Travel with Porter, Air Canada Express, or Bearskin Airlines to the Greater Sudbury Airport. The United Steelworkers Hall is approximately a 30 minute drive from the airport.
- Drive, hail a cab, or take public transit.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- We are trying to operate a paperless event. Therefore, laptops and tablets are encouraged.
- Printed conference packages will not be provided. It is up to you to print what you wish to have with you.
- Participants will receive an electronic program. Please print and bring your own if you wish to have a hard copy.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please direct any questions to Kyla Young via email at email@example.com or by phone to 1-866-551-6501.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
- Yes. Follow the directions provided to you in your confirmation email or with your e-ticket. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Can I update my registration information?
- Yes. Follow the directions provided to you in your confirmation email or with your e-ticket to log back into Eventbrite.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No. In fact, we would prefer you arrive with an electronic ticket on your mobile device. If your mobile device is not supported please do print and bring your ticket with you.
What is the refund policy?
- Registration substitutions are preferred over refunds and will be accepted at any time. Full refunds for cancelled registrations will be provided before September 30, 2018. After September 30, 2018 only partial refunds totaling 50% of the registration fee will be issued.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
- We would prefer that ticket and registration information is up to date. If someone bought your ticket for you they should have completed the attendee registration information with your personal details. If a ticket was transferred to you, it should have been updated. Please let us know if you have any questions or require assistance.