Join colleagues from across the North East for the 7th Annual North East Geriatric Refresher Day! This year’s theme is: ‘Bringing Clarity to Complexity: Clinical Pearls in Caring for Older Adults’.
On October 20th, 2022, NESGC will bring together experts in geriatrics to deliver accredited practical education sessions for health care professionals serving older adults across the continuum of care. The refresher day will provide participants with the latest developments in evidence-informed care practices in geriatrics, and endeavors to foster innovative and collaborative healthcare delivery to older adults. Speakers and session topics have been selected to provide meaningful educational opportunities to individuals with varying degrees of experience in geriatrics.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe and integrate promising practices in geriatrics to optimize care of frail older adults.
- Engage patients, families, and interdisciplinary health professionals in shared decision-making when caring for older adults.
- Enhance the practice of maintaining professional and personal wellbeing while providing specialized care to frail older adults in Northeastern Ontario.
This year’s speakers and topics include:
- Understanding Baseline Function: The Common Thread of Caring for Older Adults with Dr. Mark Lachmann
- Understanding Compassion Fatigue with Tammy Whelen
- “Life doesn’t stop”: Using the Driving and Dementia Roadmap to Support Driving Cessation with Dr. Gary Naglie & Dr. Mark Rappaport
- Planning and Delivering Quality End of Life Care for the Frail Older Adult with Dr. Jo-Anne Clarke & Caroline Duquette
- A Caregiver’s Experience with Tammy Marsh
- The role of Primary Care in avoiding sub-acute ED visits for older adults with Dementia with Dr. Claire Godard-Sebillotte, Dr. Isabelle Vedel, and Dr. Nadia Sourial.
Elder Abuse: A Closer Look with Laura Proctor.
The North East Geriatric Refresher Day will be held virtually from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
To register, visit OUR REGISTRATION PAGE
We look forward to seeing you on October 20th, 2022!